2012年7月21日星期六

How to Decide Which Type of Life Coach Is For You The Easy Way




The Coaching business is as diverse as the coaches out there. We all bring with us the life experiences and lessons, training, education, personality and values that we have to our approach to helping others through the coaching process.





This is a great thing, because like choosing a doctor, or mechanic, or friend, you can find one that speaks your language and 'gets you'. I would definitely encourage you to check out several coaches before choosing one to ensure that you find a good fit.





It may be easier to ask yourself some questions to determine which type of coach would be the best place to start.





Am I looking to find a new career?



Do I want to figure out how to get the skills I am lacking for the next promotion?





If your answer to either of these is YES, then you may be looking for a CAREER Coach.





Am I trying to figure out where I fit, what my purpose is?



Do I feel like there is something missing in my life?





A YES to either of these questions may mean a SPIRITUAL Coach would be best.





Do I find myself frustrated with the politics/people I work with?



Am I a new manager/supervisor needing to add to my skillset for success?





You may work best with a BUSINESS Coach.





How can I improve my health?



What sort of steps should I take if I want to feel better physically?





This is the perfect job for a good HEALTH/WELLNESS Coach.





Am I stuck in a relationship and don't know how to change it?



Do I want to have more friends?





You may be looking to work with a RELATIONSHIP Coach.





Have I lost my muse?



Do I need to figure out how to put my creative talents to work for me?





This calls for a great CREATIVE Coach.





Keep in mind that these are some of the most popular types of coach specialties. There are more: Success Coaches, Small Business Coaches, Women's Coaches, Family Coaches, Financial Coaches, Organizational Coaches, etc.





Many LIFE Coaches have two or more areas of expertise, i.e.Success and Financial Coaching, and as such could apply to your search in addition to ones who title themselves as "Financial Coaches", or whichever type you are searching for.





When you begin your search for the right coach for you and your needs, there are some resources where you will find listings of coaches and recommendations for your questions. Try the International Coach Federation for listings of Registered, Certified Coaches. Coaches are not required to have certification, and indeed many have other types of certification: Masters and Doctoral degrees, licensing by counseling, health, financial, business associations, and so on. However, this is a great list to look at.





There are other sites which keep databases of coaches, usually broken into two general groups: Business and Personal Coaches. By reading the description of individual coaches, you will find out what the areas of specialization each has to offer. Search for more options if necessary.





When you find a couple or few coaches who look promising, usually you can talk with them in a sample or exploratory session for no charge to try them out. No money out of your pocket and you find a great coach to start the co-creative journey to success together!





Having a Life Coach in your corner can mean the difference between success and stagnation. I believe if the reason is big enough, then doing what needs to be done is critical. Hiring a great coach is an investment in yourself, just like taking courses, seminars, reading how-to books and more.





The difference is taking the seminar, and reading the book doesn't make it happen. The action you take afterwards is what makes your goals reach completion. The coach will hold you accountable to your goals, and before long you will be asking yourself, "What is my next big dream?"


没有评论:

发表评论